Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dinos Weekly

Mon: rest
Tues: 4 mile run 8:06 pace
Wed: Rest
Thur: 2 mile speed run 7:30 pace
Fri: 2 mile easy run 8:45 pace
Sat: 14 mile endurance run 2:05:32
Sun: 34 mile bike at 17.2 mph

I was going to rest this week, but couldn't.... too addicted! Challenging myself to push out my distance on runs.... using a new technique of running for 4 minutes then walking for 1 minute.....If any of you are wanting to go distance, I recommend this technique. I was enjoyable, yet challenging and I had energy for the rest of the day as well as felt fine the next morning for more training. Next week will be more short speed workouts, medium easy runs, maintenance runs, and a 6-7 mile long run. In two weeks I'll do another endurance run of 16 miles. Every two weeks, I go up a mile or two with the run/walk technique........ feels really good. I'll be doing a 26.2 by spring and lovin it!

dino

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent report. Like the Galloway running technique. If you go to his website, he breaks down the intervals of run to walk for different paces/mile.
Having run two marathons with one hour difference between them, I can tell you that proper training, running technique, and strength training make all the difference.