Sunday, October 19, 2008

Week in Review- Karl

Monday 45 minute run on hotel treadmill overlooking New Orleans at sunrise
Tuesday Rest
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Speed Workout (6:41 max pace, 3.69 miles, 188 max heart rate, 150 avg heart rate)
Friday Rest
Saturday 13.42 mile long run; 9:22 avg pace; 6:50 max pace; 152 avg heart rate: 182 max h.r.)
Sunday 3 mile walk with family

It was a nice week. I'd forgotten how nice it is to take some days off during the week and be able to concentrate on one discipline. I am afraid, however, that I may get a little lazy...especially nutritionally. I keep telling myself that I deserve a little splurge time, but I know that can be a slippery slope. It's SO easy to get back into bad habits. I already skipped my scheduled bike workout this week.

Work was pretty stressful this week due to some big events on Friday that we've been preparing months for. I'm happy to say that they went off well and they are now history. It will be nice getting back to "normal" duties for the foreseeable future. That should help me get back on track in all areas of life.

Joined my old running group for Saturday's long run and that was enjoyable. I got to run a different route than normal and watch the sun rise over Georgetown, TX. It was a real good time. I look forward to joining them weekly for my long run sessions. I can tell you that I definitely ran harder than I would have on my own.

Still not sure if I'll schedule any races over the next few months. Still pretty content to train and do nothing else for now. I guess I'll know when I'm ready.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: