Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bacon Weekly

Mon-Chest, Back, Abs
Tuesday-3.1 mile run
Wednesday- off
Thursday- Speed run (approx..2 mile 6:40 and 6:53 pace) and Beach Metal Detecting
Fri-Beach metal detecting
Sat- 11 hour car drive
Sun- 5.61 mile run @ 8:53 pace

Good week overall considering a trip to Destin could have derailed my training and nutrition, but hung in there on training all be 1 day of it was metal detecting. Here's some good training advice that you guys forgot to tell me...don't eat sushi before your speed workout....let me say for your future training just skip that stuff and stick with someting more simple for lunch. Did have some treats while on vacation; however ate well overall...just destroyed some ice cream 1 night and had a few chips. Today was my longest run yet and while the 11 hour drive set my body back a few days, the run felt very good and could have run several more miles at that pace....it seems that the longer I run; the easier it is on my breath...legs still feeling fine....I'll be ready for the 10K...just want a decent time to improve next year. Dino, I'm staying in BG on Friday night so let me know if you want to come down and I'll get you a room (free) at the Courtyard.

Got the shaft at my planned work out spot as they will not sell me a month to month membership..yearly only....looking for some other options as it will soon be too cold to use the garage.... Still searching for the answer on my winter workout plan...it may be necesarry to just pay someone to guide me to a plan based on my goals...trust is a big issue with me so I want to find the right person and not just some clown with a personal trainer license. I'll get the 10K behind me and work on it....

No comments: