Monday, April 12, 2010

Bacon Weekly- Taper Week Marathon

Mon- 5 miles @ 9:43 avg
Tues- 4 miles @ 9:40 avg
Wed- 5 miles @ 9:47 avg
Thurs- 7 miles @ 9:43 avg
Fri- off
Sat- 4 miles @ 8:42 avg
Sun- 12 miles @ 9:39 avg pace; avg HR 147, sunny 78 degrees, 1 gel, 30 training oz of fluid

The first taper week as I prepare for the Kentucky Derby marathon. Mon-Thurs runs were tough as I was still recovering from the Final Four trip, but mainly just tired, but the weekend brought a nice physical recovery that ended with a nice run yesterday.

I've decided to run with my hydration system cause I've realized that I take more fluids than the regular guy...was keeping this a gametime decision as I did not want ot carry the extra weight, but I think the benefits far outweigh the extra weight in my case.

Still busy weeks with work so the balance will continue, plus toss in turkey season this coming weekend and my schedule is packed with plenty of fun stuff so no complaints at all...just on the move....just one week after the marathon, I'll be preparing for the 100 mile Austin Texas cycling adventure with the boys.... I'm pumped!

Keep mov'n....Bacon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Put that hydration system on and give it hell! Those few ounces won't make a difference. And like you said, it may help you run faster and farther.
Real excited for you. A marathon is no joke and the sense of accomplishment you will have is life-changing. Can't wait to celebrate it with you.