Monday, April 12, 2010

Mental Training


April 4 – April 10

Sunday – Bike: TM: 1:47:57/DST: 23.44/AVG: 13.0

Mon – Bike: TM: 1:37:32/DST: 21.95/AVG: 13.5

Tuesday - Bike: TM: 2:11:20/DST:34.07/AVG: 15.5

Wednesday – Off

Thursday – Bike: TM: 1:22:46/DST: 19.47/AVG: 14.1

Friday – Off (Doc Classes)

Saturday - Bike: TM: 1:31:49/DST: 23.67/AVG: 15.4

This was a big week for turning in a number of assignments for my doctoral program. I had to meet in BG all night Friday and all day Saturday. But as I said last week I am much better at balancing all of the “stuff”. With that said I did spend a lot of late nights and early mornings reading and writing preparing for a big presentation. What made it all worthwhile is that I had the support of friends and family. I usually make the hour drive back and forth, but our good friend Claude Bacon set me up at the Courtyard and I was able to bring my family. The highway gets a little lonely especially after hours of class. Having Becca and Cole around when I had lunch breaks and being able to see them that night and travel home made it a much more enjoyable weekend. Claude stepped up and supported in a big way (thank you). To top it off I nailed the presentation.

So with everything going on and not getting my usual sleep I cut out all my cross fit workouts this week and only focused on cycling stuff as time would allow. It turned out to be a productive week, plus I got to finally break out my new ride. The AeroCat boys have it going on. This ride is sick!!


Final note, Becca did the WKU indoor Tri (10 minute swim, 10 bike, 10 run). She finished 4th in the women’s open division. Yeah, that’s my wife!!

Keep up the hard work men. Shiner is coming, Shiner is coming.

L3-Live, Learn, and Lead

Schmidty

2 comments:

CBacon said...

glad to know I could contribute and what a sweet horse. Spring is here big boy and you're lay'n it down..Tell Becca how proud we are of her...she'll be posting her workouts on here in no time!

Unknown said...

That's why this means even more. You are doing all this while still living your life. This is what it's all about. You are LIVING life rather than letting it pass you by. Inspiring stuff! We are all real proud of you. Look forward to calling you Dr. SchmidtDog.
Tell Becca Ironman is definitely in her future. Awesome start to her tri career. Big ups to her!