Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring has arrived

March 28- April 3

Spring has arrived in South Central Kentucky. The weather has been so fabulous. My body has made the complete recovery from whatever evil illness possessed me several weeks ago. The only issue now is the annual sinus infection that comes with this beautiful spring weather. I am not complaining, just don’t draft behind me or you could get a snot rocket.

My doctorate course work is in full swing as I am taking an intense six week course and I have assignments almost daily along with on line virtual class meetings. My other course is a research design study and I am visiting other wellness centers and collecting survey material for my own holistic wellness survey. Last year at this time I would shut everything off when I had assignments, but now I have learned to just chip away at them between family, work assignments, training and all of the other things that life puts out. My course work has one major downfall, it has screwed up my racing calendar and some of my campus classroom visits fall on race weekends. Oh well, I know the priority so I am just enjoying my training rides at the moment and have put racing on the shelf. I am at the mercy of the professor.

Beautiful week to be outdoors and training, this was my week:

Sunday: Off
Monday: Crossfit Maintenance
Tuesday: Crossfit. Run: 1.15 miles (13:12). Bike- TM: 1:53:12/DST:25.6/AVG:13.5
Wednesday: Bike- TM:1:32:43/DST:22.03/AVG:14.2
Thursday: Off
Friday: Bike- TM:4:13:57/DST:58.7/AVG:13.8
Saturday: Run: 4.2 miles (45:45). Bike- TM:57:06/DST:16.58/AVG:17.4

Be well everyone.
L3-Live, Learn and Lead
Schmidty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When we are calling you Dr. Schmidt, it will ALL be worth it. There will be plenty of races in the DR's future.
Keep up the great work!