Sunday, May 22, 2011

Bacon Comes To Town

Monday Rest Day
Tuesday Got my blood drawn for this week's annual physical and went back home to get in my 1:25 hour tempo bike session.
Wednesday 55 minute run with Claude Bacon at Brushy Creek Lake Park. We held a nice, smooth tempo and enjoyed one of those runs you wish didn't have to end.
Thursday Took a day off. My left knee had a little pain the night before and I decided to rest it.
Friday Day Off
Saturday 2:15 hours on the bike trainer. In addition to my Coach Troy video, I set up our laptop so I could keep up with the pros at Ironman Texas.
Sunday 1:26 hour long run. I was wiped. I had to walk at least 10 minutes and cut the run short by 4 minutes. It was very humid and hot already at 8am when I ran. Summer is coming to central Texas and that means HOT, HOT, and HOT!

Enjoyed a nice week at work ending with graduation on Friday. Coach Mack Brown was our speaker and he did an excellent job. I also had a chance to have lunch with John Bacon on Friday. That was a wonderful opportunity and we enjoyed some interesting conversation.

This week is our kids' final week of school and my taper week in preparation for Memorial Day's CapTex Triathlon. The pro field is set and I'll be on the same course with some of the world's top triathletes. Should be a fun and exciting day.

Our daughter and son both won perfect attendance, academic, and character awards in school. We feel so blessed and proud. Jennifer continues her daily walking regimen and has lost over 25 pounds in the past few months. I'm really proud of her. We look forward to a safe and fun summer! And we wish all of you the same!

Make it a great week! Kia Kaha!

1 comment:

Schmidty said...

Anytime Bacon comes to town you have to be pumped. He graces us with his presence in Columbia from time to time and it is always a good time.

Sounds like not only is Austin heating up but so are you. I am sure you will dominate your tri.

I expect nothing less from the offspring of two highly intelligent people like you and Jennifer. Great job on the school awards!

I think we all need to be on the lookout for Jennifer, so proud of her committment to walking and the weight loss. She must be feeling awesome. Great job Jennifer!!