Sunday, May 15, 2011

Miller Weekly Update

Monday Rest Day
Tuesday 1 hour easy spin on the bike working out soreness from the weekend workouts
Wednesday-Friday No work outs (Just didn't feel it. Needed the rest. Had a 16-hour workday on Wednesday and I spent the week catching up.)
Saturday Armadillo Hill Country Classic I chose the 105-mile route. My longest ride this year was 77 miles and my longest training rides/sessions this year have been no more than 3 hours long. I had no business doing 105 miles but I survived thanks to a good nutrition/hydration plan and cooler than normal temperatures. The hills and Texas winds were a killer. My face was covered in salt by race's end and my legs were jelly. I had my protein ready for after the race and my legs feel good this (Sunday) morning. By the way, if you have not tried Pickle Juice Sport, I highly recommend it. Two of these at around the 80-mile mark made all the difference. Took the family to our new local Indian restaurant. Indian never tasted so good. I was famished!
Sunday Not sure what's on tap for today. It's another gorgeous day, so I'm sure some outdoor activities are in order. I may even get a swim in later today. I have the CapTex Olympic triathlon in two weeks and have only been to the pool three times during training. :-)
Make it a great week! Kia Kaha!

No comments: