Sunday, March 8, 2009

Dino Weekly

I see an outstanding week for Karlos Miller.... good to see him in full throttle. I also had a great week:

Mon: 8 mile run @ 8:36 pace
Wed: 10 mile run @ 8:24 pace
Thu: 5 mile run @ 7:30 pace
Sat: Anthem 5k @ 6:28 pace
Sun: 20 mile run @ 8:42 pace

Very pleased with my first 5k (I guess long distance running helps in the short runs) I blew out some capillaries (blood taste) and expanded the lungs a bit. Was ready to puke at the end because I pushed myself hard. First mile was in 5:50 second in 6:12 and then the wheels feel off. Tried to break the 20 min barrier. Missed by 2 seconds. Overall average was 6:28. Placed 168 out of 7829. 22 in age group. Also very pleased with my 20 miler today. Felt very strong and had 6 minutes in the bank for the last 6.2 in needed. This 20 miler was my strongest to date. Battled strong headwinds and many hills...... new route. All is good. I also hit the bike trainer and some core. Really foccussed on the Marathon right now. "Give er Hell!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the props. Great work on your part, too! Out"freakin"standing! You are pushing some serious miles and serious pace. Loved the 5k report. That is awesome!
Are you following a specific training program or just going it alone? Whatever you're doing, it's obviously working for you.
Marathon is around the corner!!!