Sunday, March 1, 2009

Weekly Review (2/23-3/01/09)- Karl

Monday 25 mile bike ride (half of the Mansfield Dam Loop ride)

Tuesday  Off

Wednesday  45 minute run; 5.32 miles

Thursday  Off

Friday  Off

Saturday  1 hour bike trainer session

Sunday  1:15 hour run; 8.14 miles

Took it pretty easy this week as this was my last “easy” week for the next 9 months. Tomorrow is the official beginning of Ironman training. I start a 13-week Training Peaks program coached by Gale Bernhardt. Yesterday I bought a three-month family membership to the local community center in order to have pool access. Tuesday will be my first swim in nearly four months.

I am excited and anxious. My first triathlon is only two months away and I know how quickly that will be here. It’s good to have something to train towards again. I feel good about the year ahead, but I also know how much hard work, time, and sacrifice I have before me. I just keep reminding myself what it will mean to me when I hear, “Karl Miller, you are an Ironman!”

Kia Kaha!

No comments: