Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dino Weekly

Tue: 5 mile run @ 8:20
Thu: 3 mile run @ 8:09
Sat: 22 mile run @ 9:06

O.K., here is my real weekly: (4) 12 hour work days, (1) 10 hour work day. Responsible for getting one kid to 4 baseball games, 2 kids to 3 baseball practices, 1 kid to 3 cheerleading tryouts. 20 loads of laundry, countless dishes, etc.... Obviously I had much help but couldnt find time for longer workouts during the week. However, still managed to log in 30 miles of running. My long run was good. First 13 miles were great 7:57 pace. On the return trip it was all uphill (from Cloverport) and much wind in my face. A drizzle rain etc.... it was brutal (last 9 miles) my pace slowed significantly and had to walk a bit on the last 2 miles. I was definately done at 22 miles. If I had to go another 4 I would have had to walk most of it. Good point I did 20 in under 3 hours (right on pace) just need a little motivation for that last 6 miles

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work in spite of all you have going on. You discovered why they call the last 6 miles of a marathon the last "half." It's the toughest 10k out there. Looks like you have it where you want it. Give it hell!