Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekly Review (3/09-3/15/09)- Karl

Monday Strength and Balance workout

Tuesday Interval Swim; 2300 m

    Interval Run

Wednesday Interval Bike session

Thursday  Off

Friday  Small chain ring bike session

Saturday 3:30 hour bike ride

Sunday 2 hour run; 13 miles; 9:14 avg. pace

Had to miss two swim sessions and one run session due to family and life obligations, but otherwise had another strong week. Ran yesterday in a cold, drizzly rain and as I reminded myself why it was I was out there, a fellow runner passed me going the other direction wearing an Ironman cap. I took that as a sign. Used my new IM Wisconsin bike ride video from Coach Troy on Saturday. It really helped make the indoor bike ride more palpable…and I worked harder than I would probably have without it. The video was only 3 hours long, so I rewound it to make up the difference.

One more build week before a “rest” week upcoming. While I’m recovering well from the past two weeks, I’ll be ready for a lighter week. This weekend’s longer sessions have the legs feeling heavy and tired.

Hope all of you had a great week. I always look forward to reading your posts and getting motivated by them. Keep up the great work!

Kia Kaha!

No comments: