Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon-40 min slow run
Tues-Chest, Back, and abs
Wed- 9X90 hill repeats @ 7:30 pace and two 6 minute intervals @ 7:30 pace
Thurs-off
Friday- Arms,shoulders, and abs
Saturday- off
Sunday- 90 minute run 10.50 miles @ 8:30 pace (treadmill)


Another great week of workouts...1 break from nutrition on New Years Eve...if name was rice crispy treat, chocolate chex mix, or various other goodies...you were in my belly. Today's run was a true milestone for me as I crossed the 10 mile mark for the first time in my life. Took the same 2 large bottles and 1 20oz G2, but added a GU today at the 52 minute mark...took 8-10 minutes for it to kick in, but it did and got me easily to 82 minutes; then it got tougher...legged it out to finish at 10.48 but stayed on the extra to reach the 10.5 mark....felt much better after the run today...I think the GU made the difference. Some isolated foot pain across the front part of the foot around 70 minutes and stayed withh me for the remainder of the run...had it last week too and will monitor for the next while. Next week brings the pain at 105 minute run on Sunday. Hope I can make it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you. Great milestone accomplished! You are into the double digits. Can you believe it? You have much to be proud of.
Yeah, watch that foot pain just to be safe. Once you get into high mileage, you start having pains most of the time. The trick is knowing what's "natural" and what's not. This sounds like it's OK.
Congrats! Keep up the great work!