Sunday, January 18, 2009

Weekly Review- Karl (Jan. 12-18, 2009)

Monday 45 minute run, 5.69 miles

Tuesday  Off (Travel to Dallas)

Wednesday Great core workout with Mark. I was sore for three days.

Thursday 50 minute bike trainer session. Big gear work.

Friday  Off

Saturday  1 hour run, 6.94 miles

Sunday 3 mile hike with family

Second “taper” week for next Sunday’s half marathon. Feeling good about where I am and hoping for a good race.

Claude visited Austin this week and I took him to the Fitness Institute of Texas for his VO2 Max test (he went faster than I have to date), Mellow Johnny’s (Lance Armstrong’s bike shop), RunTex (my favorite running store), and Jack and Adam’s (my favorite triathlon store). He was fitted for running shoes and bought a new pair. He also met THE Adam of Jack and Adam’s. We talked about bike fitting and the Ironman Arizona with him. It was a pretty cool afternoon.

After this weekend’s race, I plan to change my focus back to cycling in preparation for my February 20-23 cycling “camp” with Claude, Chris Schmidt, and Dean Adams. Claude and I worked with Dean and Chris at Lindsey Wilson and they have been planning for a cycling trip in the TX Hill Country for several months. If any of you can join us, we’d love to have you. We plan to do some pretty long rides over that weekend and get some good base mileage in. Let me know if you want to come.

That will then lead me into March and the beginning of triathlon training for the upcoming season. The plan is to compete in the Texas Tri Series (minus a couple of races) and plan for a 70.3 sometime prior or after our Puerto Rico trip. Beginning in late August, it will be all Ironman training, all the time.

Please keep marketing our Facebook fan page and our blog. I’d love to see that grow. Our goal has always been to share this wonderful lifestyle with others. We should ask ourselves, “Who will I bring into Team Topper Tri this year?” and then go out and do it. The fan page and blog are a great way to do that.

If any of you guys get on Twitter, make sure to let me know. I have over 130 followers (and growing) and many are triathlon and/or endurance sport junkies, too. I’ve even had a few of them “friend me” on Facebook and “link” to me on LinkedIn. You can join Twitter on your computer. You don’t need a web enabled phone. Micro blogging is great for a busy lifestyle. 140 words or less and you’re done.

Have a great week TTT! I look forward to hearing from you all. And I look forward to getting our adventure on the calendar.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: