Sunday, January 11, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 40 min easy run
Tues- Chest, back, and abs
Wed- off
Thurs- 11 Hill Repeats at 90 secs up with 75 secs down.....1 interval @ 7:30 pace
Friday- Arms, Shoulders, abs
Sat- Off
Sunday- (treadmill) 105 minutes @ 8:30 pace, 12.35 miles, 1836 Calories, Avg Heart Rate 159, Max Heart Rate 169

As you can see from today, I wore my new Garmin Forerunner 305 to monitor my HR. A new long run record for me again today. At some point, I won't be able to type that statement, so I'm gonna do it every week until I have no records! Foot pain was contained today, so that helped me add the additional 2 miles from last week. I found the GU takes a little longer to absorb in my system than I thought...I've been taking 1 at the 45 minute mark, but doesn't feel like it's activated for another 20-25 minutes, so I'm gonna start taking one at 35 minutes on long run days...still needing 2 full large water bottles and increased te G2 from a 20oz to a 32oz...and I needed it all. Got a little angry towards the end, but mainly cause I just wanted off the flipp'n treadmill. My new headphones work like a charm with the ear hooks...zero slippage....was forced to run on a treadmill that I didn't like cause the Resolutioners were everywhere today! Now that I partly know what I'm doing, I see so many mistakes and see why people hurt themsleves in the gym...one girl was running in crocs today...one guy running in new Jordan basketball shoes, and one guy that looked like a logger...thought I was gonna have to peel him off the floor! Looking forward to this week...I'm traveling to Austin on business and Karl has scheduled me in the VOII max, lactose intolerance test (ha), body scan, and strength scan test at UT. Three hours worth of testing and I'm gonna be skipping a major party the night before...I mean big time...Kool and the Gang, drinks, eats, etc...I'll be there but will skip the craziness...not to worry though...there's another party the night after my test :) My new trianer is on the way too....scored a brand new 2009 Cyclops Fluid 2 on a sweet deal on Ebay...I'm sore boys..I'm out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is there to say but OUTFREAKINSTANDING report! fired me up!
I do hate that your are skipping Kool and the Gang. That hurts! Surely you can go and just not imbibe the alkeehol. I know you get to sleep late the next day...slacker!

DinoBravo said...

nice report: I too am beginning to use my heart rate monitor. Ive discovered keeping it around 150 or below helps the endurance. Also, I sip water and shoot a water/honey mix every 1 mile. small portions every mile gives me more endurance. Dont wait too late. Your using more than you realize.......replinish!