Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bacon Weekly

Mon-40 min slow run
Tuesday-Duck Hunting
Wed-Fly to Austin
Thursday- FIT Tests at UT Fitness Institute, read below
Fri-off
Sat- off
Sun- off

Had an extemely busy week that was even more difficult with a stomach bug....feeling better today and decided to take my long run off today too and just napped instead. Had a killer time with Karl in Austin this week. I was fortunate to have him as my guide to all the run,bike and swim stuff a guy could want. Got professionally fit for my running shoes at Run-Tek and as I was afraid, the Saucony's I was wearing were completly opposite from what I needed. As a mid-foot striker a neutral shoe is what I need...he brought me 4 pairs..I put a pair on and ran in the store while he watched me...ended with a pair of Adidas...I'll post a photo of them soon. My tests at the FIT institute were outstanding and I learned so much...I'll share the full details in person cause it's just too complicted to write, but I know my Lactate Thresh, VO2 max, body composition, target HR zones, and a bunch of other stuff.....somewhat disappointed in how my stomach felt during the test...could have gone at least one level, maybe 2 levels faster but had some serious stomach bloating and pain and decided to shut it down before I got in trouble. The expereince was great and can't wait to return for more results after additional training. Had a great dinner with Karl and his family too. Traveling to San Diego next week so training gets tougher, but will hit it hard this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You killed it. Proud of you bro. Have fun in San Diego. It's the home of triathlon. You are going to Mecca!