Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekly Review- Karl

Monday 3.5 mile run

Tuesday Rest

Wednesday 20 minute run (easy with some sprints)

Thursday Strength and Balance session

Friday Rest

Saturday Rest

Sunday 3M Half Marathon: First six 53:53.67 (8:41 pace), last 10K 56:56.97 (8:16 pace): Total time 1:50:51.18 (8:28/mile pace). It was good for 131 in my age group and 764 overall. The website has been having trouble all afternoon so I don’t have true numbers, but I know there were approximately 250 men in my age group and some 5000 runners overall. We were bunched up bad for most of the race.

Had hoped for 1:45 but am really pleased with my performance. My nutrition plan was thrown off because the race website said there would be water every mile with Gatorade every 2 miles. Turned out they only had water stops every 2.5 miles. Had I know that, I would have worn my Fuel Belt. Given that I need to drink about every 10 minutes, my water intake was way down. Oh, well, it happens. I still negative split the run, which I’m most pleased about. I could have paced better but that’s part of the learning experience. I do know one thing for sure, I sure feel a lot better after a half marathon than I do after a full marathon. It’s true what they say, “Half the distance but double the fun!”

I’ll be taking a few days off (may do some light bike sessions). After that, I’ll start going back to the bike in a more serious way. My triathlon training is scheduled to begin sometime in February/March. Of course, I’ll update the blog when that begins.

Looks like we may be getting closer to scheduling our trip. Would still like to hear from Ashley, Jeremy, and Mark.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: