Friday, January 22, 2010

Dinos Report

Been a little busy here of late to report on a regular basis. However, heres my run down. My weekly mileage (running) is getting back up to about 30 miles per week. Each run has a purpose, ie. Short-fast, maintenance, long run, etc... Im now up to
8 mile runs at about a 8:30 pace. Ive been on the treadmill a lot and am trying to start weening myself off it as the weather gets better. Still doing some core and back exercises along with a little strength training as well. Nutrition is doing well... starting to shed some of those holiday pounds and body is feeling relatively good....

Life is really busy right now. Sometimes waking at 5 am and going til midnight or later. Im in a Bermuda Triangle of Breck. Co. - E-town - and Louisville. Thanks goes to my good buddy "Big Daddy" Wiloughby for crashing at his crib 2 nights a week to spare me some drive time and to get a little more sleep. Great help for Dino! Back to school has been quite the experience for me also. I think Im still capable, just have to work at it.... However, I do have a different attitude with years past. Im not attending hung over or skipping class altogether. Im taking it a little more serious as I know it will eventually get me to where I want to be.

Also.... House shopping. Like I dont have enough to do.... we house shop in between class, gym, and work. Getting down to the skinny of things. Narrowed our look down to about 3 homes in the "old Louisville" district. Very classy with some historic homes and a very diverse neighborhood that is close to everything that louisville has to offer. Speaking of diverse.... heres the rundown on my class at JCTC.

2 grandmothers
students from, India, Ethiopia, Iraq, Albania, South Africa, a couple of downtown Chombys from the hood, several middle agers, and on professional wrestler..... Wow, how things have changed...

later,

dino

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dino can't be stopped! You're like the Energizer bunny.
Brother, you aren't letting life happen to you. You are making your life happen. Proud of you! I appreciate you sharing your life with us and our blog followers. Inspiring!

CBacon said...

Glad to see such a quick bounce back...I was hoping to eek out a few minutes on you, but you're training faster in recovery than I can train at my peak! Keep it up and let life happen...it's going to anyway:)