Sunday, August 22, 2010

Bacon Weekly- Final Race of Season

Mon-off
Tues- 3 mile run- Beale St. Memphis Tn
Wed- off
Thurs- 3 miles with Samantha
Fri- off
Sat-off
Sun- Bowling Green Sprint Triathlon


A great way to start and end my fitness week by running down and around Beale St during a work trip. I hit the sack at 9 in order to make it up for the run and passed on a night on with the boys...knowing I had my race this Sunday, I couldn't afford many shenanigans on this trip. After my return, I again had the opportunity to run with Samantha as she prepared for her 5k race in Madisonville on Saturday...we had a great training run and I;m proud to say she bested her prevoius 5k by over 1 minute and some change...she finished it in 27:31...I was very proud of her and she is hooked...the competitve spirit has grabbed her...she's already planning her fall races. My race today was great as I had some old and new friends do this race for the first time. Mark Alcott from BG and Luke Alexander from O-boro both finished with great times and also have the bug. AND our friend Brent Thomas came out to support me and take some photos and he also has been talking about possibly getting in the game and know that he's seen a race first hand....He's pumped...he wants in the club! Already talking about getting a bike today....man, this sport is cool. From a results standpoint, about the same for me...I was a total of about 12 seconds slower this year than last, but placed 4th of 12 in my age group and was plenty proud of that....felt a little taxed after back to back race weeks, plus traveling but a great way to end my tri season. Coming soon are my strength training plans plus a few other late season running races for fun... Great tri season for me...I did 4 sprint tri races this year and all with a smile...lots of fun...Thanks for your support this year. Here's the results link... http://www.besttimescct.com/results/Bowlinggreen10.txt

2 comments:

Schmidty said...

Basically after reading this post it becomes crystal clear that you have become a racing machine. It is also clear that you had better keep training because I think Samantha will be kicking your rear end before you can blink. Hats off to you for having the focus and determination to stick with your plan all year, your results are evidence to the time and work that you put in. You have been an inspiration throughout the year for me and I am sure many others. I see bigger and better things for you next season. Well done Bacon!!!

Unknown said...

Great year, Bacon. As I said last week, you have led the way for TTT this year. It's been fun watching the progress. 2011 will only be bigger and better.
Remember, it's hard to compare one race to another or even the same race from year to year. Slight changes in temperature, wind speed, wind direction, humidity, etc. make it different from race to race and year to year. It's like playing the same golf course. One day you break 90 and the next day you can't get under 120.
The great thing is you did it all with a smile and had fun. And you still have more medals than I'll ever have racing in Austin.
Great work! Look forward to seeing what's next for you.