Monday, August 16, 2010

Weekly Report- Karl

Monday Core
Tuesday 30 minute bike trainer session
Wednesday Core
Thursday 30 minute run
Friday Travel to New Orleans
Saturday-Sunday CASE Conference Committee Meetings

I didn't even take my workout gear to New Orleans. The only workout I got was walking Bourbon Street Friday and Saturday nights. Meetings started early on Saturday and Sunday, so sleep was a rare commodity.

I am one of 4 co-chairs for what will be one of the top 3-5 largest higher education development conferences in the US in 2011. Our committee alone comprises some 50 people. We've been planning and working for over a year already and still have 6 months to go before the conference in Feb. 2011. Doing this on top of my day job and family and a few workouts here and there has been taxing at times. It's probably good I did my Ironman last year and not this year.

I'll close by letting you know I received all my lab work results from my 40-year-old physical and EVERYTHING came back positively. I received an excellent health report with not even one concern. I give thanks for great genes, for the exercise that's changed my life, and for vitamins.

Make it a great week!

Kia Kaha!

1 comment:

CBacon said...

Man, big ups on the 40 year physical...nothing sweeter. You remind me of how precious health is...in the paper this morning, KY was ranked 4th from the bottom on health overall...the only way to change is by breaking the cycle, our kids see what we are doing and eating...we are breaking the cycle...great job and again, thanks for leading me to this tri lifestyle as it has broken the cycle for me and my family. However, you did rejoin the cycle while on Bourbon St! You should have been at the fresh veggie market instead!