Sunday, August 15, 2010

Making the most of a crazy week

This was the week before opening weekend for the College. I was traveling with the executive staff on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. All the last minute planning and meetings before the students arrive have consumed every waking moment. I also pulled a muscle in my neck on Monday that has kept me from doing any cross training. Despite that I managed to get in a few rides, and a few runs just to maintain my sanity. I accepted that this week would be a wash and that I would just enjoy any breaks from the grind.

It has actually been an exciting week. The College is experiencing a growth that is incredible and I am fortunate to be part of many of the decisions that are behind it. A campus is not very exciting without students so I am happy they are back now. It also means that the cycling team is back and the regular butt kickings begin again. Hopefully I can hang on at the back of the group rides. I hope I shake this neck injury and can return to my cross training as well.

Check out the comments on Dino's post for some details about GABRAKY.

L3- Live, Learn ,and Lead.
Schmidty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The students is what higher ed work is all about. Busy weeks are going to happen. We are all about priorities and balance...or at least that's what we espouse. :)

CBacon said...

No question a week like this could derail, but might be a welcome break too..Enjoy this fun and critical time at work, bath in the excitement of youth returning to campus,and remember how lucky you are to work at a campus with enrollment growth... Just stay away from that apple crisp in the dining center and you'll have a great return