Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekly Update and Blog Title Discussion

Monday: Sea World trip- We had a blast. Spent last weekend in San Antonio playing tourists, enjoying the sites, and lounging by the hotel pool. It was our summer-end celebration for the kids (they started back to school on Tuesday) and my 41st birthday celebration. Jennifer planned the entire weekend and it was perfect.
Tue: Kids back to school
Wed-Fri: Work
Saturday: 30 mile ride to Buda, TX with friends from work. Being that I had not ridden my bike in nearly three weeks, I was pleased with how well it went. The route out was fairly flat and fast. A few hills on the way back took a little out of me, but I had no soreness today and look forward to the next ride. We pledged to do that ride every other week. It will be interesting to see how much faster we can get over time. Of course, that assumes training in between and some longer rides on the other weekends.
Sunday: Cleaning house and hanging out with the family

I'm so pleased to see everyone posting again. It motivates me to post when others are, too. And now that we've turned that corner, I wanted to bring our attention back to the discussion about changing the name and look of Team Topper Tri to be more inclusive and better represent what this blog truly is. Team Topper Tri served us well in the early days, but we've moved beyond only being Toppers or triathletes.

I'm open to any and all suggestions, so please think about what this blog means to you and also what you think might attract others to join us.

Some quick thoughts to get us started:

Carpe Vita (Seize Life)
Staying Positive
Accountability (Akountable, Akountability)
Vita Positiva (Positive Life)
Mind, Body, Soul (Mens, Corpus, Animus...Latin translation)

Send your own ideas or pick your favorites from this list and we can vote on them.

We can play with the look of the blog (there are some nice templates since we built this one) and also give thought to what we display on the blog (the sidebars, videos, etc.).

Hope everyone had a great week and I wish you the best on the week ahead.

Kia Kaha!

2 comments:

Schmidty said...

Karl,

Im down with anything when it comes to renaming the blog. I have a few suggestions:
"The Winning Life" (because I think we are all figuring out how to win in this thing called life).
The other is a personal favorite, and I must give credit to one of my favorite leadership people (Jim Collins), but I also like "Built to Last".

I'm with the group, whatever you guys think.

CBacon said...

Not sure how I missed this post...Feeling funky, so here's a few:
Soltex
Fierce Vitality
Dusty Warriors
Colorful Zues
Mercury Minefields
Los Torpedos
Boiling Protons
Gutsy Brigidears
The Barbarian Horde (my personal favorite)
Velvet Hammer