Sunday, August 22, 2010

Self realization

Well, have you ever thought you were something that you are not. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. Upon graduating from college, I thought I should be paid.... NOT! Upon entering the military, I thought I should be granted the status of officer.... NOT! I thought I would be a great leader someday.... NOT! I thought I could do the ironman (swimming kept me out).... NOT! Well, through my life I've had many.... atta boy... you did well.... but just not well enough. This week, I came to another NOT in my life. I went back to school for the fall with a good attitude and have been making all A's in previous course work. I came out of my Anatomy/Phsiology class in a cold ass sweat and shaking. The course and lab was going to take everything I have even if I were not working. Still working 55-65 hours a week and dealing with surgeries, b-days, ball games, state fairs, and corn hole tournys..... it's imposible..... The stress and my lack of biology, chemistry, and medical terminology background has led me to drop the course and begin thinking about plan B. I'm a little frustrated yet again and seems like I'm just getting poked with a stick..... Don't know why I can't get out of my current career choice. I was willing to take a pay cut to become a PTA..... I was going to invest money, time and energy to take about a 10 percent cut just to get weekends off and have a good enjoyable job (happiness).... this is my last piece of the puzzle and I just cant get the damn thing in place....... oh well, I'm pretty dogmatic and will continue to try getting out of Akebono land. So, If anybody out there in the social media network can get ole dino a lateral career change (or 10% below)..... BY ALL MEANS, HELP A BROTHER OUT! Feeling institutionalized and a little helpless.... I make good money and have a good benefit package.... I just want 5 days a week and live where I work and vica versa.........

later

dino

2 comments:

CBacon said...

God's got you covered dude. I call on him plenty when the well is dry and try to call on him when the well is full just to say thanks for hooking me up. Don't let any of these items you've listed define you or how you move forward. You're intelligent and have the drive to do anything. Just like running, set your pace and a goal and you'll reach it. It may not be on your timeline, but the prize is bigger when the task is difficult...set the course dude...you'll get there...Let me know how I can help....

Unknown said...

Claude is right on! And God helps those who help themselves. So let's get with helping Dino out.
Start reaching out to our friends and networks in Louisville and let's get Dino out of Akebono.