Sunday, August 29, 2010

Ford Ironman Louisville

Wow! What an experience.... Just awesome. I biked down to the swim start. Saw the pros enter the water... watched many age groupers enter. Bike down to the swim exit and T1... awesome view of the whole thing. Went home and did some of my own running. Down to the 2d street bridge (the age groupers were still exiting the water) Ran down to 4th street live and crossed the finish line myself for a visual. Today I biked on the Ironman course, Ran on the Ironman course, and put my feet in the water of that same course. Did some visualization and would really like to enter the brotherhood of tri-athletes and the ultimate goal of becoming an ironman. You guys that hold that prestigious honor are studs. That's quite an event. That swim is forever long... they just knifed through like none other. Dude from Hawaii came out in 44 minutes.... crazy. I was totally amazed by it all. Amazed that I have friends who are Ironmen. This course runs right through my front yard. I walked to the bank to get some cash and the #2 and #3 males were running toward Iraquois park on their first lap of the run. I watched in amazement. I watched a few other runners.... some looked like horses and some looked in pain on mile 2 of the run..... I'm blogging right now from my living room watching the Reds play on TV and looking out the window at runners of the Ironman over on 3d streeet.... I can see the course from my damn living room. Too cool. All this said... I have a new found respect for that accomplishment.... A new found respect for anyone who completes this event. And those damn pros are not human.... crazy strong! Also this has motivated dino to give swiming another try. When I get on top of my new finances.... I must join the downtown YMCA. It is a run mile jog down the street from my home. I'm going to find another job to give me the time to train and someone is going to walk into my life to teach me swimming. When, I don't know.... but its going to happen. I will be doing some sprints soon.... then I will build it and it will come...... I'm jacked up.... Be a man, Be a man.....As for now, I must go to work and the real world again....gotta miss the finish line at 4th street...... but got to see much of the race....gotta go to work (this will change too)

dino

No comments: