Monday, August 23, 2010

Schmidty Weekly

It has been a crazy two weeks trying to get ready for the start of school with all the weekend kick-off activities. At one point Cole asked Rebecca and I if 9pm was our new dinner time? It has just been that crazy in our world trying to fit everything in. Despite everything going on I just made the most of the windows I had to get in some great road miles. Still had to back off any cross fit training because of the muscle pull in my neck, but I think I am ready to jump back in this week.

Managed to get in over 160 total miles this week. One day I went out with the team (I hate young skinny people). It is such a reality check to go out and train with them. We averaged over 19mph for the first two hours, it was insane. I killed myself and it looked like they weren't even working hard. It was fun, I finished two hours with them and did an hour cool down since my legs were trembling.

Had a great family Friday night out. We picked up Cole from school, and headed to BG. Becca had another knee follow up and the Dr. said she is progressing great. We did a little Shoguns and then hit the Mall. It was a relaxing trip, and fun to just chill with the family. I love when we go out and just relax together. It's fun to cut up and simply laugh. It was something I was looking forward to all week and it was needed by all of us.

I plan on competing in a Duathalon next week (5K/16.5 mile bike) near Renfro Valley KY. It should be fun and something different.

Sunday: Bike. TM:3:34:45/DST:58.24/AVG:16.2
Monday: Off (work)
Tuesday Off (work)
Wednesday: Bike. TM:2:00:08/DST:26.67/AVG:13.3
Thursday: Bike. TM:2:58:41/DST:50.65/AVG:17.0
Friday: Off
Saturday:Run. 2.5 miles/TM:28.43 - Bike. TM:1:46:00/DST:27.95/AVG:15.8

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those LWC riders will have you breaking TTT records in no time. That is awesome!
Sounds like you had a well needed trip to BG with the family. I did that this past weekend with my family and it was heavenly.
Can't wait to hear about the duathlon. Dino Bravo is our resident duathlon champion, so I'm sure he can throw some advice your way if you need it.
Great work this week, SchmidtDog!