Thursday, August 19, 2010

GABRAKY Update and Check-up Results

I'll start with the bad news for me...I can't make it to GABRAKY. Just too much going on to be able to take that weekend away. I'm afraid the rest of 2010 through the end of February 2011 will be a whirlwind for the kid. With any luck, I'll be freed up by March and ready to get back on a better training and event schedule.

As for the good news, I shared last week that the doctor called to let me know my 40-year physical results were great. Today, I received the actual numbers. I won't go through the entire list of metabolic panels, liver profiles, and CBCs but I do want to share my lipid panel.

My cholesterol was 161 (<175 is ideal) Triglycerides were 49 (<100 is ideal) HDL is 47 (>40 is ideal for men)
LDL is 104 (<100 is ideal and <130 is normal)
And here's the biggie: my risk for heat disease and stroke is 50% less than average risk.

While I can't be at GABRAKY, I give thanks for great health. With any luck, I'll be at GABRAKY another year.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: