Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bacon Weekly- Race Week YMCA Sprint Triathlon

Mon-Bike
Tues- 1200 Yard Swim
Wed- 3 mile slow run
Thurs-off
Fri- 2 mile slow run
Sat- 2010 Mind,Body, and Spirit YMCA Sprint Triathlon
Sun- off

Race week prep sessions for most all training; except the swim which felt more like work than just a prep swim.

Race report....great race overall. I felt as strong on the bike as I have all season and that's partly due to the new bike and fine tuning it for a better fit and power transfer. The swim time for this race was slow and other than my typically slowness, I found myself on the far outside of the bouys on most turns; then most in our group missed a bouy swimming about 200 yards out of the way until we heard a boatman yelling at us. I'll take some repsponsibility but to say they 6 buoys on this course and that's too many for this distance in my opinion and if I showed you there placement, you would understand how easy it would have been to do this. No excuses though, I still need to fine tune my swim; however as long as I continue to develop my bike and run from brick workouts, my placement will get higher. I feel VERY good about 13/26 age group and 67 overall; despite a slow swim. My legs felt very fresh on the bike and I hammered the hills out on this round, plus a slow first mile on the run kept me a much better time overall too...my guess is mile 2 was in the 8 minute range and mile 3 was 8:15 range, but I hammered so hard on the bike that the first mile was tough off the bike. Resting mostly this week in prep for the Bowling Green triathlon next weekend and my last race of the season. All my results are listed below and I also included the race results link for otther comparisons....

http://www.evansvilleymcatriathlon.org/ymca-spirit-mind-body-triathlon-previous.php
13 of 26 in age group 35-39
67 of 191 Overall
1:39:49.20 Total Time

18 of 26 in swim
21:40.90- swim time

6 of 26 T1
01:08.50- T1 time

12 of 26 Bike
47:41.85 Bike Time
18.9 MPH Avg

11 of 26- T2
00:58.10- T2 time

12 of 26 Run
28:19.85 Run Time
9:08 avg pace

1:39:49.20

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great work, Claude. You have definitely led the way on competition this year. Very inspiring! I've come close to missing buoys, so I know exactly what you mean. It's very easy to do.
Take it easy this week and taper for next weekend. You did your workout!
Great job!