Monday, November 17, 2008

Bacon Weekly

Mon-nada
Tuesday- 3.1 run, outside
Wed-nada
Thursday-nada
Friday- Chest and back and abs
Sat-off
Sun- 1 hour run 5.62 miles treadmill

Got back in the swing of things this week and now have my next 3 months laid out, so I'm back on pace....joined the gym this week so training is easier and warmer! Kinda bummed the first workout in the gym....I like my garage better, but all the equipment is nice to have at my disposal. My program is 5 days a week....2 strength days, 1 long run, 1 short run, 1 hill/interval run.

An insatiable hunger comes over me in the winter... I feel like I'm eating or wanting to eat all the time....not concerned as along as training stays in place. My Sunday run was a good one, but fell victim to bleeding nips, so headed to the store after this post to get some body glide. I somehow missed the thread where you guys were giving this advice....can't imagine what the onlookers at the gym were thinking as I watched the Titans game...bloody nips and all...never really noticed until end of the run. My 5 mile turkey run is this Sunday on the famed Daviess Co. High cross country course in O-boro...not looking to set any records, just going to use it as my training run....unless of course the need for speed comes over me and I "GET IT ON!

2 comments:

DinoBravo said...

dude, I eat like a horse too during winter months... think its our instincts to hibernate or something...... good purchase on the body glide..... band aids also work or athletic tape if you run out of glide..... get it on!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think Dino is right. The body wants more calories (dense ones, too) to prep for the cold winter.
Bloody nips are no fun. I rubbed mine raw once and learned my lesson when the shower water hit them when I got back home. I almost jumped out of my skin!