Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Weekly Review- Karl

Monday 47 minute hill workout on treadmill; climbed a total of 752 feet (the Washington Monument is 550 feet tall)
Tuesday Rest
Wednesday Rest
Thursday Core and Stability workout
Friday Rest (Travel to Ironman Arizona)
Saturday 8.7 mile run on the IMAZ run course
Sunday Rest (volunteered at IMAZ 2008)

What can I say? It was the week of a lifetime. On Monday I was in the nation's capital as a faculty member for my professional organization and less than a week later, I'm in Arizona surrounded by heroes from all over the U.S. and the world. Volunteering at the Ironman Arizona was a wonderful opportunity to see what it takes to organize and pull off an Ironman race. It was also an excellent opportunity for Mark and I to see (and experience) the course of the race we plan to do in 2009. You've seen the photos but being on the finish line at Ironman when the course record was broken and even later that night when age groupers were realizing one of their greatest life's accomplishments was an experience that is hard to describe. Awe-inspiring, motivational, emotional, anxiety-inducing...it was all that and more.
If I needed motivation for the year of training I have ahead, that was it! Those memories will carry me through the long and sometimes painful hours of training that await me this year.
Kia Kaha!
PS The bike course at Ironman Arizona has NOTHING on the BDB! You guys would crush Arizona!

No comments: