Sunday, November 2, 2008

Weekly Review-Karl

Monday Off
Tuesday Travel to Dallas (13 hour day)
Wednesday 6.78 mile run; 8:52 avg pace; 7:49 max; 165 avg heart rate; 178 max heart rate
Thursday Off
Friday Off
Saturday Off
Sunday Putt Putt golf with family

Felt really tired all week. After a very labored run on Wednesday (note the high heart rate and slow pace, especially compared to previous week's runs), I decided it was time for some time off.
I don't think I took enough time off after the 70.3 and it's catching up with me. I'm also coming to the realization that without a training plan to follow, I just don't have the motivation to do something every day. I need to know that I have a workout program developed by a professional ('cause I sure don't know what the hell I need to be doing) that is appropriate for whatever my goals happen to be. Since my goal for the next couple of months is to maintain a fitness base, I will spend the next couple of days researching some training programs that do just that. Wish me luck on finding something soon.
On a related note, I did watch the Versus replay of the Ford Ironman Arizona from April 2008. Knowing the with some luck Mark and I will be competing on that same course next November really made me hungry to be back in training and competition. I'm already looking at a 10 mile run race or a metric century bike ride (Austin to New Braunfels) for next weekend. We'll see how that goes.
I miss hearing from Mark, Jeremy, and Ashley. It seems like it's only Claude, Dino, and me utilizing the blog these days. Hope to hear from everybody this week and in the future.
If you haven't already voted, don't forget to vote on Tuesday!
Kia Kaha!

1 comment:

DinoBravo said...

Just know that you and Marko are going to complete that Ironman. Keep the base fitness over the winter and hit it hard next Jan. & Feb....