Sunday, November 30, 2008

Weekly Review- Karl

Monday Registered for IMAZ 2009...a moment I shared with my brother. It was a great day!
Tuesday 1 hour bike
Wednesday Rest- Strength and balance workout
Thursday Bike/run brick (45 minute bike followed by 15 minute run)
Friday Rest- Strength and balance workout
Saturday 2 hour run (14.09 miles; 8:31 pace; 168 avg heart rate)
Sunday Rest

Being at IMAZ was super motivating. Being around my triathlon heroes (both the famous and the average age grouper) was an experience I won't soon forget. I wished the whole time I could be out there racing with them while at the same time realizing that I wasn't ready. I was so envious and so impressed at the same time. I came home ready to plan my year (both training and races) and raising my expectations of myself for the coming year.

Training went well this week. I'm still in off-season mode and will keep that "pace" for the remainder of the year. After the New Year, I'll begin the base portion of my bike and swim (the run is in a base and speed phase now). Nutrition continues in a moderation phase. Anything is fine in moderation right now. I haven't gained any weight but I'm sure my body fat percentage has probably risen.

I've made "friends" with several pro triathletes through Facebook. I've actually been emailing with this year's IM Louisville winner, Max Longree, all weekend. (BTW, he is not defending IM Louisville in 2009 b/c it's too close to the World Championships in Kona. At least that's what he told me the other night.). It's yet another great motivational tool to see and hear about their training and "normal" lives. And it's just pretty damn cool! (I'm also "friends" with a few not so famous people like the editor of Triathlete magazine and Saul Raisin (check out saulraisin.com and read the ABOUT link...it will touch your life).

In closing, I can see none of you have opened up the link I posted last week (the GQ link). My experiment worked. Read my post and open it up. You'll be glad you did.

Kia Kaha!

No comments: