Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weekly Review- Karl

Monday Strength and balance routine
Tuesday 47 min bike
Wednesday Speed workout on treadmill; 4.17 miles total; 2 sets at 7:41 pace
Thursday Strength and balance routine
Friday Off
Saturday 14.77 mile long run; 8:22 avg pace; 164 avg heart rate
Sunday Traveling to DC

Had a good week. Getting used to the more leisurely pace and volume of the "off season." The guilt of not going 6 days a week, logging lots of miles, and staying away from anything with sugar or fried foods is wearing off. It's a great feeling...and my results show. I had an outstanding long run yesterday on a rolling course in cold, windy weather. I held a fast pace under lactate threshold and finished my nearly 15 miles in 2:03. This is only 20 seconds per mile slower than what I was able to hold for my first 5k...and I held it within my heart rate range for nearly 15 miles! With continued strength training, my legs will hold solid for the given mileage. This means I can take significant time off my splits. Imagine that I finished my marathon last February at a 9:22 pace! This has me feeling really good and confident about where my run training is leading. This is the area where I need the most growth and this shows I'm moving in the right direction.

I leave today for three days in DC. I'm taking my running gear and hoping to at least get some treadmill and bike trainer sessions in the hotel. If nothing else, I can do parts of my strength and balance routine in my room.

Men, I know some of us are struggling with a lot of different issues and we haven't heard from half of our group in many weeks. I hope we can use this group (if not this blog) to help each other through the hard times just as we've celebrated our successes all year. And let's get our adventure trip for 09 scheduled. That may help all of us have something positive to look forward to.

Hope to hear from everybody!

Kia Kaha!

No comments: