Sunday, November 9, 2008

Weekly Review-Karl

Monday 35:48 minute run; 4.4 miles
Tuesday 45 minute bike ride
Wed Off
Thursday Off
Friday Off
Saturday 1 hour bike ride
Sunday 1:40 run; 11.35 miles

Had a better week. After talking to Claude and Mark this week about the off-season and doing some more research, I came to the conclusion that I'm doing the right thing by taking this time to do a run focus while doing a little biking (and swimming, perhaps) just to keep form. Just accepting that plan made the guilt and worry go away. I had my best runs in weeks on Monday and today (I was running, Dino, and not jogging). And it was FUN to be back on the bike again.

Kudos to Dino for utilizing Runners World for their workout log. There are some great tools like that out there (and they are free) that we should all take advantage of. I understand that Mark did a 10K mud run yesterday and had a good showing. My congrats to him. Ashley tells me he's looking at buying a bike trainer for the winter months. I hope Claude bagged a big deer this weekend. And I hope Bighead is using exercise to help him get over McCain's loss.

I've added a couple of new "fun" tools to the blog. Hope you guys will utilize them and enjoy them.

Let's please come to a decision on next year's adventure pretty soon. Mark mentioned a climb of Mt. Rainier as a possibility. Supposedly it does not take technical mountain climbing skills and is something that can be done in one day as a strenuous hike. Sounds pretty damn cool to me!

Kia Kaha!

1 comment:

DinoBravo said...

a climb of mt. rainer? Are you sure we are capable? If its just hiking and such, great.... Im not sure about dangling from a big ass rock. Otherwise, sounds great! Actually sounds really cool.... a great thing to say "I did it".... Im all for it... just a little worried about the technical skills that may be required.