Monday, September 13, 2010

Dinos Weekly

Mon: Louisville Hike & Bike: 22 mile bike (leisure) 4 mile run @ 8:10
Tue: 10 mile run @ 8:48
Wed: 30 mile bike @ 15.5 mph
Thr: 6 mile run @ 8:23
Fri: rest
Sat: 12 mile run @ 8:50
Sun: 20 mile bike @ 16 mph

Great week of exercise being my work demands of 56 hrs and 14 hrs commute = 70 hours dedicated to work.... I think we all are stretching our limits in this insanely busy world. In process of this week, I rediscovered a book on the shelf by Amby Burfoot (winner of the 68 Boston marathon). A most excellent read ("The Runner's Guide to the Meaning of Life"). Between Burfoot and Chi Running, I'm feeling more relaxed running and in the seat of the Fuji... My endurance is getting better, form is better, and am again contemplating bigger events for next year. I have discovered some biking loops in Louisville through the bike and hike last monday. Sheer relaxation... routes through woods along the river.... no traffic lights, no motorized vehicles.... just me and the fuji (with a few other exercise freaks).... have discovered about 30-50 miles of riding with future plans of making a 100 mile bike/run loop around louisville.....I love this place......

"As we run, we become" ... "We have moved too quickly away from the earth that sustains us; we have grown blind to our true animal selves." "I run because I am an animal. I run because it is part of my genetic wiring." "running clarifies the thinking process as well as purifies the body. I think best-most broadly and most fully-when I am running." --- Amby Burfoot

He's amazaing ... catch him at runner's world magazing or online... read the book. you can substitute running with biking or tri.... its all the same.......

dino

2 comments:

Schmidty said...

Glad you are getting wired in to all the fitness opportunities in the Ville. I look forward to us hooking up for a ride one day. I appreciate your positive support and posts. Keep fighting the good fight.

Unknown said...

Dude, we awoke the sleeping beast! You are killing it! It's fun reading your weekly posts. Lovin' it!