Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Starting Lines

Starting lines are the best most exciting places one can imagine. I'm talking about all beginings. Beginings are both freightening and rewarding. There is no reason to fear these starting lines. Whatever you're imagining wont turn out nearly so bad. until you begin a new venture, you never know what awaits you. Life is difficult... death, divorce, moving, and many other brutal challenges.... new beginnings - starting lines - are my friend. Nothing started, nothing experienced, nothing learned, nothing finished. Starting lines are one of the most important stations in life. We need to actively seek them out. Otherwise, we grow stagnant. We will disappear into blackholes. If you dont start you'll never see the glories of the finish line. ---- paraphrased words of Amby Burfoot.

So men... starting something new.... New training for a half triathlon... new semester of school... new project at work... new job as soccer coach... new career... or just a new day? "Toe the line gentlemen" Lets get it started!

dino

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dino, you are an ANIMAL! Loving the quotes from the book. I can see how it fires you up.
Hey, I've made some initial contacts with friends at UL, Humana, Brown and Williamson, the city of Louisville, and more. Start checking the career websites for companies you'd like to explore in Louisville and let me know what you find. If you find some jobs that look interesting, let's start making some contacts together.

Unknown said...

My man Dino. You never fail to fire me up. Let me know if you find something, somewhere you are interested in. I'll find a contact and get an "in" for you.