Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Karl's Update

Not counting last Saturday's bike ride, I haven't run or biked in three weeks. I don't even mention swimming because I haven't done that since last November.
Right now, if it's not for fun or with a group, I just don't have the motivation for it. I have to sacrifice time with family or sleep and right now I'm not willing to do either one. I know this, too, shall pass, so I'm just riding it out and enjoying it. I have no regrets and mentally I'm feeling as content and happy as I have in a long time. It's fun living vicariously through all of your athletic pursuits.
I'll keep searching for that next challenge that truly inspires me. For now I'm pursuing some intellectual and professional projects that I couldn't give my time to before. I know much of my positive mental pattern is a result of these pursuits, much of which center around blogging, reading, new podcasts, and social media.
My in-laws were in town for the Labor Day holiday. We enjoyed some sightseeing and fellowship. You can see photos of our weekend on Facebook.
Onward and upward! Kia Kaha!

1 comment:

DinoBravo said...

dude, went through this myself.... after my marathon run... I knew I was struggling with the swim and wasnt ready for the triathlon lifestyle because of it... depressed me a bit and also knew Id have to up my game to qualify for boston marathon... then knee injury... now massive overtime at work... crazy! the motivation tends to come and go... pick something and do it... get another bib number and do something in which you get a medal... half ironman... mini marathon, etc... do something fun... ie a rock and roll marathon... those things are great... make it a road trip and take the family... or go for an ultra marathon... i've been kicking that around.... if i can get the knees to co-operate and can get off this 7 day work schedule.... find something and just do it baby!

dino