Saturday, September 18, 2010

Schmidt Weekly

Sunday: Bike-TM:1:58:59/DST:32.24/AVG:16.2
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Crossfit at home. Run: 5K-TM:33:26
Wednesday: Bike- TM:1:08:33/DST:17.10/AVG:14.9
Thursday: Off
Friday: Crossfit at home
Saturday: 5K Race- TM: 27:41. Bike- TM:2:14:52/DST:40.76/AVG:18.1

Doctoral work is back in full swing and I could tell by my workouts. A lot more late nights of reading and research. Just getting stuff done and prioritizing things. My workouts are important but right now these assignments come first. Still managed to do enough exercise to clear the mind and feel good. Only major disappointment was breaking another rear wheel. That is three different rear wheels in one year. I have broke and axel, multiple spokes, and even pulled the eyelets out of a rim. Thank goodness I will be in Vegas next week for Interbike. I plan on doing some major investigation on wheels. Someone has to build a wheel for the big boys.

Personal best in the 5K race today. This was the race the Becca and her girlfriends organized along with the Holloway Wellness Center Staff to raise donations for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day walk. We had 41 participants, nearly 20 volunteers, the course was marked great and it was definitely the most challenging course I have raced on. I kind of wanted to push it early in the race and it hurt me a little at the end. My legs were beginning to feel heavy. It was a blast, we had great weather and the Holloway Wellness center now has a new event. Proud of Becca and all her hard work organizing it, Cole even got in on the action and was working the bullhorn for the start and to encourage finishers.

My family is well, my mind is well, and my body is well. I feel that I am blessed. Keep working brothers. Looking forward to reading your posts.

L3-Live, Learn, and Lead
Schmidty

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"My family is well, my mind is well, and my body is well."
You said it all! 'nuff said!

DinoBravo said...

We are all very blessed... we are all well... just take time to recognize it... beautiful graditude