Sunday, September 5, 2010

Schmidt Weekly

Sunday: Off
Monday: Bike- TM:1:20:50/DST:17.87/AVG:13.2
Tuesday: Bike- TM:1:20:55/DST:24.78/AVG:18.3
Wednesday: Crossfit Workout. Bike- TM:2:10:23/DST:36.78/AVG:16.9
Thursday: Crossfit Workout. Run- TM:1:09:48
Friday: Bike- TM:1:29:05/DST:24:07/AVG:16.2
Saturday: Off

It was a great week. First, Rebecca and I celebrated 13 years of marriage. It's hard to believe the years that have passed but it has been awesome, I am looking forward to many, many more years together.

The Ironman race has me thinking about running. I can't remember the last time I ran for an hour or more. So instead of my usual ride on Thursday I got home from work, laced up the shoes and set out for a run around Columbia. An hour and ten minutes later I was home. I was fatigued, I was soaked, my legs were tight, but I felt great.

Saturday was a big day. Not because of any particular exercise routine or race. It was the first Football game in over 75 years at the College. The new stadium, the team, and over 3,500 fans packed the bleachers and surrounded the track. God granted us one of the most beautiful days of the year to kick off this historic event. Students, faculty, staff, and everyone from Columbia and Adair County came out to support. It truly was a community event.

L3- Live, Learn, and Lead

Schmidty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

13 years she's been putting up with you. Incredible! And I thought Jennifer was a saint! Congrats to you both! That is awesome.
Dude, your first run in forever and you go for over an hour??? You are a mad man! Love it! Nice work!
Saw lots of photos from the football game. Had to be incredible. Real proud of LWC.