Friday, September 5, 2008

Bike Tune Up

Took my bike for a tune up a couple of weeks back. Found out you should be greasing your chain every 70 miles.
I'll probably call to schedule another tune-up for before BDB, especially considering Mark and I will have another 56 mile ride the following Sunday.
If you know how to tune up your bike on your own, I envy you. For the rest of us, I would recommend taking your bike to the local bike shop (make sure they know "road" bikes and not just "mountain" bikes) for a good professional tune up and cleaning before the BDB. Make sure you schedule now. The best shops have one to two week wait lists.

1 comment:

CBacon said...

hadn't thought about the chain 70 mile...I drop some Pedro's lube on every 50 or so, but have not degreased and lubed since starting....yikes!