Saturday, September 6, 2008

My New Running Shoes

With one more triathlon for the year which includes a half marathon and with running season in Texas upon us (the mornings and evenings are getting much more pleasant), it was time for new running shoes. My local RunTex had only one pair of size 14 and they were not my usual Mizunos. I tried them on and they felt great. The owner of the store, who also happens to be my running coach from last year's marathon training, guaranteed I'd like them or I can bring them back and he'll order my regular Mizunos.
Here they are: http://www.newbalance.com/products/MR1062/.
Doesn't Dino run in New Balance? If I can get just a little bit of his running prowess, these shoes will be worth the switch.

2 comments:

CBacon said...

I dig the silver and blue pair...let me know how you like...how much did they set you back?

Anonymous said...

They set me back $100 (with a $10 discount). They ain't cheap but my first run in them was fantastic! My others ran me about $95.
As much as I run, I have to buy new running shoes twice a year. They lose the cushioning and tread about every 400 miles.