Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekly Review- Karl

Monday Rest
Tuesday 1 hour bike w/ 30 second accels
Wednesday 45 minute speed session on treadmill
Thursday 30 minute swim
Friday 1600 m swim
Saturday 4 hour bike; 65.9 miles
Sunday 2 hour run; 12.57 miles

Final hard week before BDB and Longhorn 70.3. Felt great and had some strong long sessions yesterday and today. Tested nutrition for BDB on Saturday and think I found my formula (had 3 water bottles- 16.9 oz each; 3 Accelerade bottles; 1 PowerBar; 1 Balance bar; 3 PowerBar gels). Considering I burned 2990 calories, the nutrition kept me feeling strong throughout.
I'll be doing some light sessions on Tue and Wed this week (traveling to Tulsa tomorrow and leave for BDB on Thursday) and then tapering the following week leading into the 70.3 race.
I'll be adding another post or two to help us all think through our nutrition during a pre-race week.
Have a great next few days, men, and safe travels to Little Rock. Look forward to seeing all of you.
Just think: this time next week, we'll be heading home as Century Ride Finishers!
Kia Kaha!
-Karl

No comments: