Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 45 min treadmill at 8.5 min pace
Tuesday-Off
Wednesday- 4.5 mile run with Karl in d-town Austin
Thursday-off
Friday- Chest, back, abs
Saturday- 2008 5K Jingle Bell run- Silver Medal 7:38 pace 17th overall, 2nd in age group
Sunday- Off


One of the best week of my training..had a outstanding run with Karl in Austin that was unmatched to any training run I've had thus far and I think that lead to my fastest competitve time yet...I beat my best time by 2 seconds...was only past by 3 people during the race and took home the silver...not sure of total competitors yet but about 100 is my guess..was probaby more pumped by 17th overall than the silver; epsecilly near the end where I held off 4 challengers in the sprint...which one of them game me some props at the finish...now the bitter details...
8 a.m.....29 degrees, 20 mph wind, and snow flurries...can I really be disaapointed running my fastest time in these conditions? I think not...challenging...on the way out the wind was at my back, but a Kimbo Slice punch in the face when I rounded the cone and headed home...and yes, the thought of why in the heck am I doing this crossed my mid for a moment. Had a tough recovery day after the race...just didn't feel real good, but slept an extra hour before Sunday School and Church this morning which lead to a better day. This was my lst race for the year unless something comes up...gonna stick to training for a few months now...thanks to Karl for hanging with me this week...I really think our run put me in the mindset to be faster...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just outfreakinstanding! To have a p.r. in those conditions says a lot about your fitness, perseverance, motivation, and toughness. Way to go!