Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mini Marathon Goal- Bacon

I will be running my first mini-marathon in April...The Derby Mini...I have decided that my goal will be arranged around last years finishers....there were 604 males 35-39 years of age last year....to be #190 you could run 8:30 minute miles...my training has me doing my long runs on the treadmill at this pace, so I'm going to ramp up my goal to run 8:15 miles for my first mini....which would put me around 145th place and in the top 25% of the this age group.....I'll raise this goal if I come out of the shoot in the Spring runner faster outside than the treadmill...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great goal. I think you are right on it. Just remember to start off easy and gently ramp up. They should have pace leaders, which makes it much easier to stay where you need to be. Then you can speed up or drop back as needed. In a mini, if you're feeling strong with 5k to go, leave them behind and go after it!