Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bacon Weekly

Mon- 30 min run (slow)
Tuesday- Arms, Shoulders, abs
Wednesday- 8 hill sprints 8X90 and 2X6 min intervals
Thursday- off
Friday-off
Saturday-off
Sunday- 80 minute run, treadmill (9.33 miles at 8:30 pace)

Another new long run goal met...in fact, each week for the next 6 or so will be my longest runs as I add 10 minutes to each Sunday..this means I'll reach the 10 mile mark next Sunday and 90 minutes. Great advice on the fluid intake for this week...on the 70 min run last week I took in only 1 large water bottle and crashed hard after the run....this week 2 large water bottles and 1 20 oz G2 gatorade....this made me feel much better in the last 20 minutes and after the run...still struggling a bit mentally after the run...just zapped...took on my protein shake, some pretzels and additional water, but didn't come out of my zombie like state until after dinner....Christmas was really good...destroyed the food...got my Garmin 305 running watch from Mom and some new p90x tapes...little bit of gear for running too...all was good...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You continue to amaze me. Doing this kind of work on the treadmill is very impressive! Not only are you getting stronger physically, but the mental part of running like that on a treadmill will do you wonders when you are back outside.
You are going to feel zapped no matter what. Your body will take time to getting used to running these kinds of distances.
Proud of you. Keep it up!