Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bacon Weekly

Mon-30 min easy run (Lactic acid purge)
Tuesday-off
Wed-Arms, shoulders, abs
Thur- Hill Repeats 7X90 AND Intervals 2X7 min
Fri- off
Sat- Chest, back, and abs
Sun- 70 min run; 8.1 miles @ 8:30 pace (treadmill)

Had a great week....it was a birthday week for me(37), so I wanted to make it a good one and it was....killed some Japanese food on Wed. night; which set up a wicked hill and interval day...they killed me again by the way.... today's run hurt too...again, my longest run and starting feeling some weakness around mile 7...I think I need some sports drink or other on my long run day, but I'll let you guys tell me what I need...Crashed hard when the run was over..came home took a shower and had to lay down cause feeling a bit weak....had dinner and feeling better right now...finding it difficult to get my water intake where it needs to be...just don't want it like Spring and Summer....will get more serious with Dino in finding some swim answers in Jan.....we might get a 241 discount!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were made to run! Nobody whose only been running for a few months can do 70 minutes on a treadmill (no less) at 8:30 pace. That is freakin' excellent! I've been running for freakin' two years and I'm just now at that kind of pace. Too bad you didn't discover cross country in high school. Great work!

Anonymous said...

What nutrition we require will be different for all of us, so it's best to keep experimenting. That said, most people will have a difficult time exercising for more than an hour without nourishment. A sports drink is best but which one will depend on what your stomach can handle. Up to an hour, water will normally suffice. Over that, a sports drink will provide the electrolytes and glucose you need. The normal range is 200-300 calories per hour with electrolytes and carbs. A little protein won't hurt (Accelerady and PureSport have protein), but your stomach will determine if you can handle it. Some people also like less sugar to keep g.i. distress down. Normal Gatorade has a lot more sugar than the others.
I have a fuel belt that holds 4, 8-ounce bottles and has a pocket for gels.