Wednesday, December 31, 2008

What it REALLY takes to qualify for Kona

If you ever wondered how difficult it REALLY is to qualify for a spot at the Ironman World Championships in Kona, check this out!
Only 7 people qualified for Kona from IMAZ Nov. 08 with times over 10 hours and change. And those seven were four women over 50 and three men in their 60's and 70's.
In the 35-39 and 40-44 age groups (where Mark and I will be racing), no one got a spot that finished slower than 9 hours and change!!!
So...if we had ANY doubts about what incredible specimens the average age grouper qualifier is at Kona, these results will put those to rest.
I bow to them!
 
http://www.nasports.com/results/results.php

1 comment:

CBacon said...

dude, those stats are mind ripping....I'll bet they cant beat my score of 52 million on Wii Shaun White Snowboarding...so I got that going for me...